For the past month, I have been working on a new iPad Web application that recently was launched at 6hoek.com. This application provides easy access to the complete product catalog of the Dutch online webshop bol.com.
Looking back at the development process with respect to these frameworks, I see that:
- Even though JQM is still beta, it is mature enough to start depending on it
- Most issues with JQM were easily resolved by reading the excellent JQ forum discussions
- Writing Java component classes instead of JSP/templates turned out to be very productive
- Debugging and refactoring (rename,extract) support from the IDE
- Presentation logic in plain Java
- CSS is still a magic beast to tame